A bridge is a one-of-a-kind tooth replacement that’s designed to correct large spaces in the mouth caused by tooth loss. The bridge acts as a filler for space between missing teeth where the bridge can be placed in the gaps between teeth in order to restore functionality without the need for multiple implants.
Dental bridges can serve both functional and cosmetic needs, allowing you to eat and speak more comfortably while also improving the appearance of your teeth.
The bridge may be composed of various materials, such as gold, alloys, or porcelain that is then color-matched to your natural teeth.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges have many advantages, including:
- Getting your mouth/smile back to its original state
- Restoring the ability to talk normally, as missing teeth can make it difficult to pronounce words correctly.
- Eliminating bone loss from the jaw at the removed tooth/teeth site maintains a normal facial shape.
- Regaining the ability to chew food thoroughly
- Keeping nearby teeth from migrating into the empty area, which could cause biting issues and other consequences.
Should I Get Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge is not appropriate for everyone. A few of the most common factors that our dentists near you will consider as qualifications are:
- One or more permanent teeth are missing
- Having great overall health
- To support the bridge, you must have healthy teeth and a robust bone structure.
- Having a healthy mouth
- Maintaining the condition of the dental bridge by practicing good oral hygiene.
Dental Care Done Right!
Here are a few reasons why Access Dental is the go-to dentistry for all your oral health needs: